Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Muslim hain hum, watan sara jahan hamara....

Nasrun Mir, One of my Kashmiri journalist friend is doing a feature on perception of young Indian Muslims about Kashmir Conflict. He sent me two questions (below in Italic) to answer. I would like to share my responses with you and would like to know your views on the same.

Can you relate to Kashmiri youth?

Yes, being married in Kashmir I am obviously related to Kashmiri youth. But if this question is political then I only support the cause to cease the human rights violations and demilitarization. I support the nonpartisan implementation of laws and accountability at all levels. But I do not support the cause of autonomy or complete independence as Muslim Indian.

Do you feel as a Muslim that Kashmiri struggle is for their identity and has nothing to do with religion?

I strongly feel that Kashmiri struggle is for Kashmiri Identity and has nothing to do with religion. Islam does not promote the concept of Nationalism. In Islam there are only two nations Muslim and Non-Muslim. Thus to associate Jihad and Islam with Kashmir issue is baseless. I am sad to express that majority of Kashmiri Muslims are engaged in Shirk and Bidat. My preference as Muslim would be to produce better Muslims in Kashmir than Muslim Kashmiri state.

Another common observation in J&K is the differences in Jammu, Kashmir and Laddakh regions. The people in valley give an inferior eye to the people of the other two regions neglecting the fact that Muslims constitute good percentage in Jammu. Kashmiri's say that their culture and language are different thus the two communities are poles apart. I agree, but freedom/autonomy through referendum will need their votes. A few districts of the valley can not over rule the views of the other two regions. Although the possibility is less but if India goes for the referendum, then I don’t feel that the isolated Kashmir will have numbers to put forth their demands.

We, the Muslim Indian did not choose to migrate to Pakistan. We faced the all the burn of the great divide, all the vengeance was directed towards us. An environment was created to make us feel that we were responsible for the divide and this propaganda made it easier for the anti Muslim forces to pushes us toward the backwardness. At this juncture when Muslim community is expecting a ray of hope, we can not support a lingual minority (unfortunately Muslim) to push the entire community into the vain once again.

Cheen o arab hamara, hindustan hamara
muslim hain hum, watan sara jahan hamara...

Allama Iqbal.

8 comments:

Imran Shaikh said...

FINALLY....
I am happy to see this answer from Yasir.
I have not had the honour of being married to a Kashmiri(yet) or the pleasure of seeing this once paradise on earth.

But I have numerous Kashmiri friends, so to answer the first question if I can relate to the "Kashmiri Youth", YES I can. But I must ask here on what grounds am I being asked to relate to them, on humanitarian grounds of-course I feel for them, as a fellow Muslim also I feel for them. But as an Indian, I am inclined to say that I do not support their cause for self governance.

Please realise this, the only way for you to properly serve your cause is to use the democratic process to your advantage. This is the only sensible way you can best represent yourself.

Unknown said...

A few incidents from Kashmir
I was driving to Pompore, we saw a green flag on the roadside, my driver stopped the car, one guy came and he gave him Rs 100. I asked him what was that he said Zeyarat hai...I said I thought u r Muslim...He said he yes I m....I said that's Shirk...he said let it be.
It was the worst statement from any Muslim that I have ever heard.

Unknown said...

My wife was admit in a hospital in Srinagar, every time I went into the hospital I paid Rs100 to enter the building. At every single step I paid and that too never less than Rs 100. This is just an example of various such incidents that I faced. Corruption is every where in India but at this level...no way!!

Unknown said...

Changing the passport will not bring the change to our Muslim community. We tried once in 1947 then in 1971 but nothing has changed for the those left us. The faith and unity of the youth will change the fate of our community...Inshahallah the change will come soon either with Kashmir or without. It is for Kashmiri youth to decide, if you are with us or against us....

Unknown said...

Omar ko bhagana hai,
Sanatan ko girana hai,
Hindutva ko jalana hai,
Bhaichare ko barhana hai,
Insaan ko phir zinda karna hai,
Meri beti ko sona hai,
Meri beti ko sona hai....

salman said...

Alhamdulillah.....
I really appreciate the way Yassir has put his views towards the Kashmiri youth and answered Mr. Mir.
He was bit harsh but truth, and I am presenting this feedback of mine on the belief that Kashmiri young brigades are in wrong hands. We can not blame them for the Kashmir conflict as they are motivated by those Muslim political leaders who has nothing to do with Islam or Muslim but the greed of votebank.
This is the reason that in one muslim state, where majority are muslims, they are divided in three different lobbies. Actually I don't understand that if they cannot stay together in one , so-called muslim state, how they are thinking for an autonomous state.
And, as Yassir said, we need to guide them to be a proper muslim who follows Islam preachings instead of misguiding them for a muslim state. I have my sympathy with the Kashmiri youths for the reasons I mentioned above......and the best way is to educate them to be a good muslim because only separate muslim state does not bring the prosperity and peace, the best example we have is Pakistan's current condition.
We are very happy in India and best part is that we are Proud Muslim Indian.Its my appeal to all Kashmiri brothers that dont follow the leader who divides the muslims, as it loosen our integrity. If you want live happy, just follow the preachings of our beloved Prophet (PBUH).

Unknown said...

@ Salman - thanks for visiting the blog. I appreciate your views and would like to see the bloodshed stops in the Valley.

Unknown said...

http://www.risingkashmir.com/news/kashmir-conflict-%E2%80%93through-esthe-eyes-of-indian-muslims-706.aspx

Please read the article based on the above interview